Dhanurdhara Swami February 21st, 2001
Bhaktivedanta Hospital – Bombay
Today is the only day I have a chance to get out on my stand-by pass as the airlines will soon get too crowded. If I don’t get on today, then I will have to purchase another ticket at a great expense. I am also taking the risk of leaving today, since you usually get business class with my pass, and this would, perhaps, make the journey tolerable. The doctors have advised that I not travel today because of the discomfort and pain, but they still assure me the risk to my overall health and recovery will probably not be jeopardized.
I go to the airport and wait for several hours, but there are absolutely no seats available even though I was told this morning that my chances were good. I realize that there are practically no more off-season flights in India, as the planes are almost always booked, and that my pass is almost useless. I’m actually relieved, however, to come back to the hospital since the trip would have certainly been hell.